- Red Curry Paste – 4 tbsp (Use green curry paste to make Thai Green Curry)
- Coconut Milk – 3 cups
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – 2 (cut into bite size pieces)
- Palm Sugar – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Fish Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 (sliced)
- Vegetables of your choice – about 2 cups (Some of the vegetable options are brinjals, bell pepper, mushroom, green beans, snap peas, bamboo shoots, tofu, water chestnuts, baby corn, carrots, cauliflower etc. Use 2-3 vegetables of your choice.)
- Lime Leaves – 2-3
- Sweet Thai Basil Leaves – 4 or 5 leaves
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chop all the vegetables into long strips. You can use any vegetables that you may have on hand. I’ve added onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, cauliflower and green beans.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the red curry paste. Add green curry paste to make Thai Green Curry.
- Mix in the coconut milk, lime leaves and palm sugar. Stir well and heat it.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 5 minutes. The chicken breast cooks very quickly.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook for just a couple of minutes. The vegetables should retain its crunch.
- Finally add the fish sauce and basil leaves.
- Cook for a minute or so till the flavours blend well. Check for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Switch off. Hot Thai red chicken curry is ready to be served.