Cooked rice / Old bread pieces/ Old cake pieces- 1 cup
Eggs – 3 (beaten)
Milk – 2 1/2 cups (or use coconut milk)
sugar – 3/4 cup
salt – a pinch (optional)
vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Lemon Zest – 1 tsp (optional)
Raisins – 1/2 cup
Nutmeg powder- 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
1. Mix all the ingrediants in a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour into a buttered baking dish.
3. Place the baking dish in a big baking pan filled with water.
4. Bake for 45 minutes in the oven preheated to 350 degrees.
5. Check if the pudding is set by inserting a clean knife in the center. The pudding is done if the knife comes out clean with nothing sticking to it. If not, keep it in the oven for another 5 – 10 minutes and check.
6. Serve warm or cold. Some whipped cream added on top while serving will be good.
– The same recipe can be done in a pressure cooker too. Pour water in the cooker and place the bowl of mixed ingrediants. Do not put the whistle.
– To give a south indian touch, add coconut milk instead of milk.