- Pasta – 1/2 lb
- Fennel bulb – 1(Cleaned and sliced thin)
- Fennel Leaves – chopped finely
- Garlic – 4 cloves (minced)
- Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
- Fennel seeds – a pinch
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Chilly flakes/ pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup (or any cheese of your choice)
- Cream (or milk) – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Cook pasta in plenty of water, drain and keep aside. Just follow the package instructions and cook it al dente.
- Chop the fennel bulb into thin slices. Also finely chop the fennel leaves and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds. Add the chopped onions and garlic. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped fennel bulbs and part of the leaves and sauté till the pieces are tender.
- Add the chilly flakes/pepper powder and required salt.
- Reduce the heat to minimum and add the cream/milk followed by cheese.
- Mix till the cheese melts and a nice sauce is formed. Switch off.
- Add cooked pasta, chopped fennel fronts (leaves) and toss everything together to coat with the sauce.Serve warm.
Serving Fennel Pasta
- Fennel Pasta can be served as a meal with some garlic bread, some chicken side or a salad.