- Lasagna Pasta – 8-10 sheets
- Spaghetti Sauce or Marinara or any pasta Sauce (store bought) – 3 cups
- Mozzarella Cheese – 2-3 cups (shredded)
- Cream Cheese – 1 8-oz box (You could also use 1.5 cups of Ricotta cheese instead)
- Parmesan Cheese – 1 cup
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Spinach – 1 big bunch of fresh spinach or 1-10 oz box of frozen spinach
- Salt – to taste
- Red Pepper flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove (chopped)
Step 1 : Preparation
- Cook the lasagna pasta according to the package instructions. Drain it and keep it ready.
- Now prepare the stuffing. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the garlic clove.
- Add the chopped spinach. Add salt and red pepper flakes.
- Cook till the spinach wilts and all the moisture from it dries up. Cool it.
- In the meantime, leave the cream cheese on the counter and bring it to room temperature.
- Mix together the cream cheese, spinach mixture, half of the mozarella cheese and half of the parmesan cheese. The stuffing is ready.
Step 2 : Stuffing and Rolling
- Take each lasagna sheet and place it on a tray or plate.
- Spread the spinach-cheese mixture on it. While spreading, take care not to spread till the very end of the pasta. The mixture will squeeze out while rolling.
- Start rolling the stuffed lasagna sheet from one end to make a roll. In the picture I have cut each sheet into 2 and made small rolls.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the sheets.
Step 3 :Arranging and Baking
- Since I cut each sheet into 2 I needed a 13*9 inch baking dish. If you do not cut a 8*8 inch dish would be perfect.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce and spread it in the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the lasagna rolls on top of the sauce.
- Top with the remaining sauce.
- Finally top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. You can add some sliced olives on top to make it look pretty.
- Bake it uncovered for 25 minutes at 375 degree F until the cheese melts and everything is heated through.
Enjoy the yummy delicious lasagna roll up hot.
- I have used spinach for stuffing. You can also use mushrooms, ground meat, jalapenos etc.