- Tomatoes – 4-5 medium sized (chopped)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Jalapeno (or green chili) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – couple of handfuls (finely chopped)
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chop all the ingredients finely by hand or with a food processor. You can deseed the green chili to reduce the spice level. Some people also prefer to deseed the tomatoes before chopping. It’s up to you.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving for the flavors to blend well. You can even make it the previous day and refrigerate for best results.
This is served with tortilla chips as an appetizer. It is also used in almost all Mexican dishes like tacos, burritos, chimichanga, tostadas, quesadillas etc.