- Baguette – ½
- Poached Chicken – 1 cup (shredded)
- Spinach – 2 cups (chopped roughly)
- Onion – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Cilantro (or Parsley) – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper – to taste
- Cut the baguette in half or in 4 pieces. Slice it lengthwise to make the sandwich.
- Drizzle some olive oil in the baguette and toast it in the stove top grill. If not, you can bake it in a 400 degree F( 200 degree C) oven for about 10 minutes.
- The ingredients of the stuffing, you can simply mix in a bowl. Since I have my poached shredded chicken in the freezer most of the time, I heat up a pan with 1 tbsp of oil, add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until it is nice and dry.
- After switching off the stove I mix the chopped spinach, cilantro, onions, salt, black pepper and lemon juice with it. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Now spoon this mixture on the toasted baguette evenly. Put the top of the baguette and serve. I haven’t added cheese of any kind but ofcourse it can be added.